At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Quality Engineer Intern assures that all Globus products and processes meet the highest regulatory and internal standards by rigorously applying engineering principles across multiple different elements of the business. Partnering primarily with Quality Assurance, the Quality Engineer Intern will ensure the smooth operation of existing business processes as well as guide the improvement of the management, product and manufacturing quality systems. Must be available to work October 2021 - March 2022.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing, supporting, and maintaining product risk management, risk analysis, process FMEAs, and control plans to ensure quality objectives are met
- Maintaining process optimization using design of experiments (DOE) and retrospective data analysis to understand and minimize sources of process variation affecting products.
- Identifying key process input variables and key process output variables
- Assisting in the development, implementation, and improvement of production monitoring methods and systems for inspection and testing
- Overseeing activities associated with measurement systems analysis
- Validating the manufacturing processes, including activities associated with equipment installation qualification (IQ), operational qualification (OQ), and performance qualification (PQ)
- Monitoring and analyzing production information to support risk management and to provide direction for corrective and preventive actions and/or process improvement activities
- Improving and maintaining quality systems and tools for quality tracking, analysis, reporting, problem solving, and process improvement
- Using concepts of probability and statistical quality control to guide decisions
- Applying Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Management concepts to eliminate waist, improve throughput, improve quality, reduce cost
- Communicating quality objectives including written and oral reports to supervisor and management
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and upholding the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Process Engineering
- Must be available to work October 2021 - March 2022
- Experience developing quality standards, methods, work instructions and procedures
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and reliability engineering is a plus
- Knowledge of multi-discipline assurance, GMP, and ISO standards is desired
- Computer proficiency with MS Office and statistical analysis tools is required
- Well organized, detail oriented and a self-starter capable of working in a deadline dictated environment independently and in teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
JOB CODE: 1001303