At Marvell, we believe that infrastructure powers progress. That execution is as essential as innovation. That better collaboration builds better technology. Trusted by the world's leading technology companies for 25 years, we move, store, process and secure the world's data with semiconductor solutions designed for our customers' current needs and future ambitions. Through a process of deep collaboration and transparency, we're ultimately changing the way tomorrow's enterprise, cloud, automotive, and carrier architectures transform-for the better.
The data infrastructure that our customers build has never been more critical to our global economy. It's what's keeping the world connected, businesses running, and information flowing. If you're ready to excel, innovate, and truly enjoy your work, apply now for the position detailed below.
The OpportunityMain Purpose of the Role
As a key member of the Corporate Accounting team, the Senior Technical Accountant will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment building relationships within the corporate accounting team in the U.S. and worldwide, and with the larger organization (e.g. Treasury, Tax, FP&A, SEC Reporting, Internal Audit, etc.). The Senior Technical Accountant will be responsible for leading the monthly worldwide close and consolidation, including ensuring corporate accounting is technically accurate and complete, ensuring worldwide consolidations are prepared accurately and timely, providing technical guidance, and ensuring complex accounting transactions are recorded accurately and timely in the general ledger in accordance with US GAAP.
This is an exciting role with vast educational opportunities. It has a good mix of technical accounting and operational accounting exposure, and provides great experience working directly with the senior leadership team (Controller, CAO, CFO).
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for leading the monthly corporate worldwide financial close activities, including technical accounting and operations related journal entries and account reconciliations. Prepare journal entries related to significant higher risk accounts.
- Assess technical accounting issues for appropriate financial treatment in the global financial statements.
- Ensure worldwide consolidations are prepared accurately and timely.
- Ensure appropriate functional currency determinations and worldwide FX questions are resolved in partnership with Treasury and Tax.
- Prepare financial reporting information for monthly results review meeting with the CFO and CEO.
- Responsible for SOX compliance activities, including executing internal controls.
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of various financial analyses.
- Develop and maintain excellent positive working relationship with the external auditors.
- Accounting degree.
- CPA preferred.
- 3-7 years of accounting experience, with a minimum 3 years Big 4 public accounting base.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Semiconductor experience a plus.
- A team player who is an effective oral and written communicator.
- Written analyses and presentations are clear, concise, and reflect polish and precision.
- A go-getter with a positive can-do attitude, sense of humor, and a roll-up-my-sleeves mentality: no ivory tower candidates need apply.
- Possess energy and passion for your work and a genuine interest in accounting.
- Your ultimate priority is to help ensure that the organization has accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting.
- Accurate, thorough, with strong attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership. Someone who consistently goes the extra mile.
- A problem solver who is collaborative, proactive, responsive, and reliable.
- Agility to change and think on your feet.
- Creative person with strong interpersonal skills and ability to contribute to our culture.
- Takes a customer service oriented approach.
- Strong organizational skills.
With competitive compensation and great benefits, you will enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We'll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us. For additional information on what it's like to work at Marvell, visit our page.Your Future
Marvell provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with the company and will strive to improve performance. If you are driven, personable, and energetic, there will be additional opportunities for you here at Marvell.
At Marvell, we are doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. As part of our efforts, and to align with applicable government requirements, we are currently requiring all U.S. employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access any Marvell facility. Marvell further requires all new hires to report their vaccination status. Please be aware that your employment with Marvell may become subject to either the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors or the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's Emergency Temporary Standard, both of which may place additional conditions of employment on you related to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Marvell will consider requests for medical and religious accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Any applicant who requires a reasonable accommodation during the selection process should contact Marvell HR Helpdesk at or 408-222-3604.